Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Babies and Drawstring Raglan Progress

Last weekend the Spiders welcomed another new arrival to the ranks - Cassie, Kaitlyn's adorable little girl. As befitting a knitting obsessed group, we showered the little one with knitted gifts and other warm cuddlies to welcome her into the world. Kaitlyn has good pictures of our efforts on her blog and Jess, the hostess, has some great pictures of the food and fun on hers.
It was a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Here's a picture of Virginia with Cassie.

I'm also plugging along on my Drawstring Raglan. As others on Ravelry have noted, casting on for the sleeves is a PITA. I, too, got the dreaded stretched armhole stitches, but after two attempts, I decided to let it go and will try to reinforce (fix) it in the finishing process. The picture below doesn't reflect the real beauty of the yarn. It's a little deeper, more jewel-toned than my puny point-and-shoot camera can capture. It's funny, this is a project that would normally not appeal to me - I'm more a monochromatic, classic look type of knitter. But there's something about this yarn, Seduce, that just called to me. She's a siren for sure! I just hope I like the finished product as much as I like the in-progress piece.

14 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

you are really making great progress on that drawstring raglan! you're right, that yarn is so gorgeous. i totally wanted to steal it on sunday ;)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

I love how those colours look together Connie! I think it'll be brilliant!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa D. said...

Wow - you've made a lot of progress since Sunday! It looks great!

7:45 PM  
Blogger raining sheep said...

The colors on the raglan are beautiful. They are softly muted - the finished product will be lovely.

8:20 PM  
Blogger kat coyle said...

This project seems like a real departure for you, but it is pretty and I imagine it's fun to knit. Good old feather fan, one of my all time faves!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

You have a good eye for color, those hues look lovely together. Maybe you should venture into colorwork more often!

2:55 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Ooo, two beautiful objects =) I love your shawl and the striping. And isn't a new baby exciting?

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! OK, whew, I thought that you had knit this since Sunday--I knew you were fast, but this was a little crazy!
Thanks so much for coming on Sunday and for asking me to model your gorgeous sweater! :)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Angelika said...

Your raglan is turning out great. Knitting Daily had a post about it and how to handle the sleeves. Maybe that could work for you?

1:29 PM  
Blogger kylieps said...

that's a great looking little cardi, Connie. Can't wait to see it in person!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

looking great connie! i really like the colors you chose.

8:13 AM  
Blogger mel said...

Oh, what a sweet and lucky baby - all your presents look lovely :)

And your drawstring raglan is coming along great - I love those colors together!

2:13 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

The raglan is really coming along, I hope I get to see it in real life.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love those colors! I can't wait to see it finished.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home