Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

An FO, a new UFO, and an almost FO design

I've finished the Lily of the Valley Stole from Lace Style for a while, but forgot to post about it. I used Jaggerspun Zephyr in Suede for this and worked it on a smaller needle than called for in the pattern. I'm not a huge fan of shawls, but I like scarves, so I was aiming for a less lacey, more solid look. Because of the decrease in needle size, I ended up working an extra 4 repeats of the lace pattern to get the scarf long enough - and even so I think it could have used an extra repeat or two more. I love it. It's soft and drapey and lovely. I'm just really careful not to get it snagged on stuff. I even ended up knitting the edging on this. When I do make stoles, I usually don't do the edging because I find them too fussy and precious. But I like the edging on this stole (I make it shorter than called for in the pattern) and the bind-off with two strands held together is brilliant.


I also started the ever popular Embossed Leaves Socks by Mona Schmidt in a wonderful shade of deep brown that has violet undertones. I wish I had sweater quantities of this color. See how well it coordinates with my Schrodinger Original Cube?


And finally, I'm almost done with a design:

This will be a self published design and I hope by posting an oblique picture of it, it'll push me to actually finish and self publish the thing. I've been meaning to try my hand at self publishing for a while now, but never seem to get my act together. Somehow, without the stress of deadlines propelling me forward, all of my self published efforts seem to run out of momentum mid-stream. I have a baby cardigan and a vest that are trapped in various stages of done-ness.

I intend to donate all the proceeds of this pattern to breast cancer research. I'm hoping that this will spur me to finish it too.

9 Comments:

Blogger Free Range Chick said...

What fun you have been having. I haven't dared to dip into the world of stoles yet.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Yahoo...keep going...your so close...(that's a little spurring on from me)!...can't wait to see it..

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of your patterns (currently working on the Printed Silk Cardi) and can't wait to see this latest design! Go, Connie, go!!!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

The colors in that sock yarn are lovely. And your almost FO design--intriguing!! Can't wait to see it!

3:34 AM  
Blogger mel said...

Connie, you are a wonderful woman, that is a cause that is very near to my heart - thank you. Your new design looks intriguing and I'm sure it will be very well received, especially with such good intentions.

And your lily of the valley scarf - gorgeous - I love it in this scale, it looks so luxurious :)

4:54 AM  
Blogger Lisa D. said...

You're all about the lace lately! It all looks fabulous!!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Angelika said...

I can't wait to see more of your creations. So far, I loved all you published. Did you have problems with the Lily pattern?

3:53 PM  
Blogger raining sheep said...

Wow, I love the stole. and I love the pattern on your latest design in progress. I can't wait to see the finished product.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you're going to donate the pattern sales to charity! Can't wait to see it - I'm sure it will be gorgeous.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home