Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Seduction Indeed

I was in Ithaca for the Memorial Day weekend and visited my favorite yarn shop, Knitting Etc. There, I found myself irresistibly drawn to the aptly named new Berroco yarn, Seduce. There was a gorgeous shop sample of Norah Gaughan's Mobius (from Vol 2) worked in the Seduce rather than the called for Linen Jeans. As soon as Hickory suggested that I try it on I was hooked. The yarn feels light and comfortable - and the colors - wow! They're reminiscent of minerals or jewels. I was completely lost. I would have loved to make the Mobius, but the thought of seaming in the collar separately was daunting and so I decided to make the Drawstring Raglan from the current issue of Interweave Knits.

Here are the colors I chose:

The greyish blue on the left will be my main color (to replace the beige) and I'll be using one less color in the striped region. I'm going for a more subdued palette.

7 Comments:

Blogger kylieps said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see that in person. I've almost got my application in. (sorry to be so absent.) want to get together next week sometime to knit and catch up? How are the allergies?

3:07 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

oooh, gorgeous colors!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Angelika said...

I love that cardi and the colors you chose are nice. I'm sure you'll make it look great.

4:59 PM  
Blogger GinaB said...

I live near Ithaca and visited Knitting Etc. fairly recently. I hate to say this, but I will probably not go back. The staff that day was very unfriendly, bordering on rude. Sad because they seemed to have some very nice yarns in stock.

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful colour choices and the yarn looks so squishy yummy:)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Oh, these yarns seem so slinky and cool, perfect for summer weather!

11:08 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

pretty colors!!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home