Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Blast from the Past

Many moons ago I worked on a design for JCA and I finally got word from Mona that it's time to share! :)

I had a lot of fun with this design, but if I were to do it for myself, I'd definitely go for a smaller gauge yarn for better drape and fit. While I do like lace done on large gauge yarn (ala BrooklynTweed's Hemlock Ring blanket), I think for garments, the delicacy of a small gauge yarn is more my style. Still, for a faster project, the light worsted/DK weight gauge of the called for yarn makes for a satisfying knit I think.

For this design, I was going for something feminine and at the same time casual and almost sporty - thus the lace cap sleeves paired with the henley placket and raglan shape. I also used eyelets to mark the waist/bust shaping to echo the lace on the sleeves.

Blast from the Past also refers a bit to the styling of the photos. Doesn't it kind of look vintage (in a fun way, I'm not being critical!)? Or is it just me?


Blogger Veronique said...

The lacy sleeves are such a nice detail! And yes, we are aware of your fondness of small gauge yarn ;)
Congrats again!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Very feminine and lovely....and yes I agree a touch of the vintage!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

That's really cute-- I love the way the sleeve joins the body. That slight vintage feel is actually really nice.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

I've tagged you for a meme Connie....if you want to play come over to my blog for the questions!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Very cute as always Connie!

9:51 AM  
Blogger gleek said...

it does look vintage! i love it.

5:11 PM  
Blogger raining sheep said...

It's a lovely pattern...I love the drape and fit around the waist to the hip...that is a very flattering fit on most people...and it's very girly. Gorgeous.

8:39 PM  
Blogger mel said...

Very pretty Connie - I love the lace pattern on the sleeves! yes, definitely a lovely vintage feel!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Kylie said...

Hey Connie,
very 1940s- I love that! The shaping detail is beautiful.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

I love that top. I've been looking for a pattern to knit my mom, and I think this may be a serious contender ;)

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Johanna said...

Once again, very, very nice!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home