Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Blast from the Past



Many moons ago I worked on a design for JCA and I finally got word from Mona that it's time to share! :)

I had a lot of fun with this design, but if I were to do it for myself, I'd definitely go for a smaller gauge yarn for better drape and fit. While I do like lace done on large gauge yarn (ala BrooklynTweed's Hemlock Ring blanket), I think for garments, the delicacy of a small gauge yarn is more my style. Still, for a faster project, the light worsted/DK weight gauge of the called for yarn makes for a satisfying knit I think.

For this design, I was going for something feminine and at the same time casual and almost sporty - thus the lace cap sleeves paired with the henley placket and raglan shape. I also used eyelets to mark the waist/bust shaping to echo the lace on the sleeves.

Blast from the Past also refers a bit to the styling of the photos. Doesn't it kind of look vintage (in a fun way, I'm not being critical!)? Or is it just me?

11 Comments:

Blogger Veronique said...

The lacy sleeves are such a nice detail! And yes, we are aware of your fondness of small gauge yarn ;)
Congrats again!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Very feminine and lovely....and yes I agree a touch of the vintage!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

That's really cute-- I love the way the sleeve joins the body. That slight vintage feel is actually really nice.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

I've tagged you for a meme Connie....if you want to play come over to my blog for the questions!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Very cute as always Connie!

9:51 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

it does look vintage! i love it.

5:11 PM  
Blogger raining sheep said...

It's a lovely pattern...I love the drape and fit around the waist to the hip...that is a very flattering fit on most people...and it's very girly. Gorgeous.

8:39 PM  
Blogger mel said...

Very pretty Connie - I love the lace pattern on the sleeves! yes, definitely a lovely vintage feel!

5:11 PM  
Blogger kylieps said...

Hey Connie,
very 1940s- I love that! The shaping detail is beautiful.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

I love that top. I've been looking for a pattern to knit my mom, and I think this may be a serious contender ;)

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, very, very nice!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home