tagged me for the 8 random things meme. And given my lack of knitting posts these days, I'm happy to oblige...
Inspired by her post
, I'm going to put up an old picture of myself and my brother, Brian. Unlike Kat, however, it doesn't really have anything to do with my random facts, but it's one of my favorite pictures of my brother and me. Isn't he an adorable little dumpling here?
OK, here we go...
1) My favorite ice cream flavor is Baskin Robbin's Mint Chocolate Chip - green, florescent dye and all. I prefer it over all of the other, more gourmet versions of the flavor. I think it's the chocolate "chips". They're thinner, almost gone before they hit your tongue.
2) In my first year of grad school, I was able to say that I had been to 5 schools in 6 years. Three for undergrad (although to be fair, one was only for 2 weeks) and 2 for grad school. Needless to say, I was a wee bit indecisive back then.
3) I cry without fail every
time I watch the Fox and the Hound
, especially the scene where Widow Tweed leaves Todd in the forest and Todd doesn't quite understand what's happening.
4) I never learned how to swim. In fact, in high school I joined the badminton team in order to get out of the swimming section of gym class. And I didn't apply to MIT because they have a swimming requirement.
5) I knit in the English style. My grandmother first taught me how when I was 6 or 7. Despite some people's
best efforts to get me to change to continental, I just can't do it. It feels really weird to me and I can't maintain an even tension. Still, I need to get to it someday, it really seems to be the better way (speed-wise, etc) to knit.
6) As a kid, I loved the House on the Prairie Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder - especially her detailed descriptions of family feasts. Whenever I had a McDonald's Caramel sundae, I would pretend the caramel sauce was maple syrup and the soft serve ice cream was snow. Laura Ingalls Wilder fans will know what I mean...
7) A Wrinkle in Time
made me want to be a physicist. I read it when I was 8.
8) I hate celery cooked, but like it okay raw (especially if peanut butter is involved).
Hmmm, so who to tag? If they haven't done it yet and want to, I'll tag Iris
, and Stephanie