Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Doing a Penelope


I swear, I feel like Penelope these days -- knitting, ripping out, re-knitting. I've been working on the same 7 inches for the past 2 days. Good news is that I think I'm finally past it - although decisions still need to be made for the rest of the piece. Sorry about the necessarily indistinct picture.

I just turned in a project for One Planet which I've been told will be released in the fall. So hopefully, I'll have a project to show here very soon. It's made out of the charcoal Lanas Puras fingering weight merino I've blogged about before.

In a first for me, Stephanie of Unwindknitting has graciously agreed to knit the sample for my third Pure Knits project. It's a little weird to not be knitting the sample myself, especially since I often work out design issues as I'm knitting, but Stephanie is a talented knitter (just take a gander at her beautiful work) and I feel really lucky that she's helping me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Intriguing piece you have there...can you say where it's destined for? I can imagine it will feel a little strange to have someone else knit your sample for pure knits. I certainly don't think I could hand over just yet (I still do too much adjusting whilst I'm designing)!
Congrats on all the things you've got going on and sympathy for the ripping (I'm there with you on that one)!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries - Stephanie is an awesome knitter, and I'm sure she'll work with you to make the pattern perfect!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Good for you to have a helper--With your knitting work load as of the last 2 months I think it is much needed. I love the Green almost secret knitted object..

11:38 AM  
Blogger Iris G said...

That piece really looks complicated ;-). Great to hear that you have sorted everything out! I'll be waiting for the new One Planet design!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Stephanie is the best!!!!

Poor Penelope - ripping and re-knitting multiple times is so frustrating, but when you get it right, it makes for a very happy knitter!

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home