Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Porca miseria!

The post title refers to the weather here in Northern Italy, which is still rainy and altogether dreary. If I'm not mistaken, "porca miseria" means something like "what a pain" or something like that. Hopefully, I'm not posting a phrase that's really obscene or offensive. My husband says it quite a bit, but he's been known to be quite, ah shall we say, colorful in his language -- though he's toned it down quite a bit in the years (eight!) that I've known him.

At any rate, it's raining here yet again, confining us to the house. We were supposed to get away on a quick one-night trip to Liguria (the Italian Riviera) and hike along the towns of Cinque Terre. It's a hike I've wanted to do for quite a while and I'm disappointed that the rain has put the kibosh on our plans.

I'll leave you with some strange (to me at least!) Italian cuisine which is another (sick I suppose) reason for the post title (literal translation - pig misery?). It's a link of completely raw sausage. Raw means raw -- no smoking, no curing of any kind. I tried a half link since I'm Chinese and pride myself on trying everything at least once, but I admit that the idea was a bit daunting. Silly I know, since I eat sushi without a second thought, but somehow raw pork seems scarier.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Not just raw pork... raw ground pork. Icky. You are much braver than I to even try it!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Alice Twain said...

Prosciutto is not raw pork: it's old raw pork. And a bit of raw, fresh salsiccia (which is raw pork + spices and sometimes + Grana Padano) is a mouthful of heaven.

7:20 AM  
Blogger ChefSteph said...

At least you're not saying "porca madonna", which seems even more lewd to me given how Catholic the country is. Ah, well.

Glad to see you ventured into raw pork territory. See? You didn't die, right? Although I can't say it looks too appealing. Did you eat it with something else?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Iris G said...

You lucky girl...I am dying to try some;-)!
BTW, did it taste like dumpling fillings?

1:00 PM  
Blogger The Cat Realm said...

Yummiiieeeee.
That looks very tasty to us!!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home