Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Finished Rowan Bag


I finally finished this sample for Knitting Etc, but forgot to post about it.

The yarn is Rowan Silk Wool, a DK weight blend. The pattern is from the Rowan Silk Wool book. There are really gorgeous things in the booklet. I love the cover turtleneck with its graceful center cable, for example.

I didn't line the bag since it was destined to be a shop sample and not actually used. But I think if I were to make the bag for myself, I would definitely line it. The wool isn't felted and so it's not really sturdy on its own.

Speaking of felted bags, I just finished my first felted project. Unfortunately, I can't show pictures yet because it's a design project for One Planet Yarn & Fiber, but they seem to have a quick turnaround time for releasing patterns (I just sent them the bag today) and so I hope to be able to post pictures of it really soon!

But now that I've had a taste of felting, I can feel myself getting obsessed. I started this Lucy Bag yesterday with a lovely shade of Cascade Heathers 220. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the yarn is a deep brown color with lovely, subtle reddish, orangish, greenish flecks:

4 Comments:

Blogger Hickory said...

It might need some needlepoint fabric as stiffener too, then a lining. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it might be time now :) There are great instructions on the Noni bag website for her felted bags. What did you do for the bag you just made with the fair isle hexagons?

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, The bag came out great! I love how your working the bottom of that Lucy bag too, much nicer than a round garter stitch one I was thinking of using in one of mine. Loved seeing the backdrop of your handbag too! I don't think I've ever seen one of my designs on the web or in a blog before :) Thanks!
-Jessica

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bag looks GREAT and so stylish. Felting is a lot of fun--It feels like magic

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the look of that bag, but I agree with you - generally knitted bags are too floppy to use unless they're sturdily reinforced!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home