Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

3rd glove syndrome


I did finish the second glove. And look how good I was, I made the second glove a left glove too so I wouldn't be tempted to just stop at the second glove and use a mismatched (size-wise) pair.

The second glove is slightly too large, but I prefer a slightly large glove to a slightly small glove. Now, I just need to cast on and knit its mate (easier said than done).

Thoughts on the pattern:

I like the pattern. There's a definite left and right hand which is nice since our hands aren't identical. I also like the amount of fair isle in the gloves - just enough to provide visual interest, but not so much as to be overwhelming for a first time fair isler.

Making the glove a second time was instructive. I always have problems with holes in gloves. I find that I need to pick up more stitches than the miserly number patterns usually prescribe. I then reduce the amount of stitches to the right amount on succeeding rounds. Any remaining gaps, I fill in when weaving in ends.

7 Comments:

Blogger Veronique said...

Did you knit that glove in 3 days?! Wow. It looks so beautiful!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Very nice gloves. The contrast on the cuff gives it a very modern look

3:03 PM  
Blogger Iris G said...

When I knit fine-gauge gloves, the second one is always smaller than the first one for some reason. I use them anyway!
Very classic gloves, congratulations!

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Connie these are beautiful!! Congrats. now you can make a tam and see how much easier this is on a cir needle! yes,Church of Fair Isla will meet again- last Sat of month, I think. off to Md Sheep and Wool....

4:23 PM  
Blogger kylieps said...

I can't beleive you knit that 2nd glove so fast! They're beautiful! and you never know, maybe that third one will be juuuust right.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go Girl! When you are a KNITTER down to your bones there is one thing you know-NEVER EVER GIVE UP. I love the colors you chose for the gloves. Looks like you have been a very busy girl...working on great projects.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They are beautiful!!! I love your colour selections!!!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home