Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

New Magknits is Up

The new Magknits is up; and my first published pattern is in it! :)

I made this vest while visiting my in-laws in Italy. The gracious model is my sister-in-law and the setting is the small garden outside of my husband's family's home.

My Italian extended in-law family were fascinated by my humble little vest. They were amazed that one small 25 gram ball of Kidsilk Haze costs $14 a skein! Particularly absorbed by my progress were my little nephew, Simone (the model's son), my husband's grandmother and his cousin's grandmother. Here is a picture of his grandmother and his cousin's grandmother consulting me on the kidsilk haze panels in the v-neck region.


And I just heard from my mother-in-law that Simone (he's 9) just requested some circular knitting needles and wants to learn how to knit! Just spreading the joy :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The fit of the vest is perfect, and those two colors are lovely together. Contrasting colors would also be beautiful....

1:20 PM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Yay for the spreading the knitting joy!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Connie

I just came over from MagKnits as I love the pattern you have in this issue. It's definitely going in the list of projects I would like to make. Congratulations on getting your pattern published.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

congrats connie!

4:22 PM  
Blogger kylieps said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you Connie. We all checked it out over at the store the day it came out, and we were all impressed too! Looks beautiful and Hickory has jumped in and picked out yarn to make herself one.

1:08 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Yay! I love it! Here's to many more Connie Originals in the future (can't wait to get my Knitter's with you in it)!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi- I'm planning on doing your pattern (it's EXACTLY what I've been looking for) and was wondering briefly about the fit.

For the bust are you measuring right under the breasts or right accross them? (I'm torn between 32 and 34)

Thanks for the great pattern!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Donna D said...

Hi Connie, congratulations! I'm sure we'll be seeing your designs all over the place in the future. I hope you took some time to have a glass of champagne and celebrate!

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home