Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Many FOs and 1 WIP

As promised, I have pictures of many FOs. Some I've posted before in one form or another, but here they are finally complete - ends woven in, blocked and buttons sewn on.

The first is the pea pod cardigan I made for my friend - who gave birth on Thanksgiving to a healthy boy! The yarn shop owner chose the buttons. I think they're perfect - very much in keeping with the botanical nature of the sweater and a cheerful splash of additional color. She never fails with her good taste.

The second is the pea pod set I made for the shop. Again, the shop owner chose the buttons. They're also flowers, but in a more elegant and understated metal rather than the bright pastel I used for the first pea pod.

The shop owner also brought in the Shetland Triangle I knit for the shop. She very kindly blocked it for me since I don't have the equipment and I think the results are great. I love seeing the transformation lace makes once it's been stretched out. The gentle variations in the Schaefer Anne are beautiful worked up in the simple lace pattern. I had a hard time photographing this and finally settled for draping it over a chair. Hopefully, it's reasonably clear.

And finally, here's the progress on the Cabled purse I'm making for the shop in Rowan Silk Wool. I so love the teal color - it's brilliantly clear like the undisturbed waters of a lake (sounds cheesy I know) and the cables really pop in the yarn. I'm done with one side and am in the process of knitting the cabled straps.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photos came out pretty good for florescent lighting and lack of plan-able background. The shawl actually shows up well with the black chair behind.

Thanks for the button comps, you are sweet ;)

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, Love the shawl! BTW, remember you told me you had a submission accepted in Magknits? I thought you said, "Magnets," so that explains my corny joke about the irony of a physics student getting her knitting in a magnet magazine :) As Meredith would say, I'm such an knitiot!

10:12 AM  
Blogger kylieps said...

Love that purse. Can't wait to see the finished product. The shawl is superb!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home