Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Friday, November 17, 2006

Chi vuole fare la maglia?


My mother-in-law, who lives near Milan and is well acquainted with my knitting obsession, sent me this article about the state of knitting in Italy. Apparently, the craze is just hitting the capital of style and what was formerly seen as mainly the province of grandmothers is starting to infiltrate the young & hip. To tell you the truth, I was a bit surprised by this. I would have thought Italy, with its fantastic mills and access to fibers, would have its knitting renaissance well underway.

The article talks a little bit about Italian stitch n bitches as well as the trend in the US. It even mentions Knit NY, a cafe-yarn store in NYC.

At any rate, I'm thrilled it's becoming more popular there. The last time I visited knitting stores in Italy was about 2 years ago and they were warehouse-like, filled with a confusion of yarn arranged in no particular (at least to me) order. Even with the help of my husband, I had a hard time communicating what I was looking for since he didn't know the knitting terms.

1 Comments:

Blogger kylieps said...

Wow! I'm with you, I would have thought the Italian knitting renaissance came before ours. I'll be visiting Paris next month (honeymoon!) and I'll have to check out a few yarn stores there to see what France's State of Knitting is.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home