Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Quick update from Ithaca

I'm in Ithaca for the week and blissfully knitting at the yarn shop. I hope I'm not annoying too much the people who have to work there! Everyone who works, frequents, and visits the shop is really friendly. I would have loved to have such a great knitting community to knit with while at grad school here, but maybe it's for the best that the current yarn shop owner didn't acquire the business until after I graduated. I don't think I would have finished my disseration if she had bought it before!

I have updated pictures of several projects that are now completely complete, but posting them will have to wait until I'm back in Jersey within reach of my laptop & camera cable. Among them are the pea pod sets (now with buttons) and a blocked Shetland Triangle, as well as the beginnings of the Cabled Purse in Rowan Classic Silk Wool.

I love how the Cabled Purse is knitting up. The combination of the lush, braid-like cables with the smooth shininess of the Rowan Silk Wool makes it very very very hard to put down! I keep on wanting to see what the next cable twist will look like, even though it's a very regular pattern.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. My cousin (who lives in Ithaca) is going to be making some very yummy things, according to my mom who heard from my aunt ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger kylieps said...

Mmm! Can't wait to see that cabled purse. I'm ashamed to say this, but, we sell Rowan silk wool? I'll have to check that out.

9:34 PM  
Blogger E. Phantzi said...

Hi Connie! I saw your sweater at the shop a few weeks ago - beautiful!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, It was nice seeing you at the shop last week! Loved seeing your bag in progress and hope it's going well!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Jessica,
It was good (and always is) to see you too! I love just chilling out at the store and knitting even when other commitments call! :) Hopefully I'll see you again soon.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Connie,

YOU are never a pest! I love when you come to visit.

Hickory

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home