Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Knitting's version of the waiting bus syndrome

Are you familiar with the waiting bus syndrome - where you wait and wait and wait for a bus that never comes because you're afraid that the minute you leave, the bus will come? And the more you wait, the more you're reluctant to leave, having sunk in a certain amount of time already waiting?

I think I encountered knitting's version of the waiting bus syndrome this weekend. I had finished 3/4 of the back of a tank when I realized that an element I had incorporated into it was too narrow to really be visible. But since I was already 3/4 of the way through, I pushed the doubts out of mind and soldiered on. The more I worked on it, though, the more reluctant I was to scrap it and start over. I reached 1/4 of the way up the front before I finally succumbed to the niggling doubts and ripped everything out. Back to square one. Ugh.

But I think ultimately it was the right thing to do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Veronique said...

*sigh* I know what you mean...
But you'll be much happier with a wide, visible "element". Good thing it's only a tank!

9:10 AM  
Blogger jodi said...

Yes. All the time. It's why I never finish anything.

7:26 AM  
Blogger kylieps said...

Oh bummer! I have done that many a time myself I have to admit. The strange thing is though, that once I rip it out I might have 30 seconds of regret and then it's forgotten. Perhaps I have the brain of a gold fish...

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home