And here's a picture of my latest FO. It's the pooling colors scarf from one of the interweave knits issues made from Schaefer Anne. It only took me two years to complete. Or more precisely, the knitting was completed in one week two summers ago and the two long neglected yarn ends were finally woven in yesterday in 3 minutes flat.
I'm horrible when it comes to completing stuff. I almost always end up running out of steam after the main knitting is done. After that there are several rate limiting steps that clog up the progress. The first is blocking - I hate the whole process of wetting and pinning out the individual pieces, making sure they match the desired dimensions without too much scalloping action. The second is seaming. But the most loathed step of all is weaving in yarn ends. Looking at the tangle of ends makes me want to shove a nearly complete project to the bottom of the stash box. Several things reside there now, but this scarf is happily no longer one of them! I find that ever since I started my gig as a sample knitter for the LYS, I've become much more conscientious about finishing projects.