Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Shetland Triangle


Here is a completed Shetland Triangle all wrinkled and fresh off the needles. Unfortunately, I don't have blocking pins or wires, so it's going to the yarn shop unblocked. I made an attempt to wet it and spread it on my blocking board, but without being pinned in place, I'm afraid the lace won't stretch to its full beauty. So pictures of the final product will have to wait until the yarn shop owner blocks it and I am next in Ithaca to take a picture. For now, here's a picture of it wet and slightly flattened on the board. I think I almost like the wrinkled looking picture better! It's always amazing, the transformation lace undergoes after a good blocking. It always leaves me in awe of lace knitwear designers - that they can "see" the finished product in their mind's eye tangled in a confusion of YOs, SSKs, etc.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy Neville said...

You knit this in what? like four days? amazing! and beautiful yarn.

BTW: the stockinette on your cambridge jacket is rolling was less than mine. perhaps the different yarn?

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home