Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Sunday, October 22, 2006



While everyone it seems was out at Rhinebeck, my husband and I spent a quiet weekend close to home. On Saturday, we brought the food of our ancestors to the dinner table. He brought pesto, made by hand in a mortar and pestel with basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan, garlic, and olive oil. I brought the quintessential girl scout treat, smores! In lieu of an open fire, we roasted our marshmallows on forks over candles.

On Sunday, we went to the Natural History Musuem on the upper west side where I couldn't resist photographing the stash of some long ago weaver from the Inka civilization in Peru. It's nice to see girls have their stashes no matter what time period they live in. The stash here is comprised of cotton which surprised me, perhaps alpaca is a more modern animal?


With the weather turning colder, I even got the chance to wear my Artfibers Mystic cardigan. Mystic, unfortunately long discontinued though I'm told Tsuki held doubled is a good substitute, is a delicious blend of mohair and silk. The light in the photo is too low to show the true colors of the fabric which shimmer from the silk and are a bit dappled due to the different degree with which mohair and silk absorb dyes. I love fall days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home