Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I have the sweetest husband. Last Saturday was our 29th wedding monthiversary (yes, we celebrate each month, we're such dorks!) and we went out to dinner for it as usual (the only stipulation being that it must be a different restaurant than where we celebrated any previous monthiversary, though it doesn't have to be a new restaurant to us). But on Sunday, my husband wanted to cook a special dinner for me just because (someone is earning his secret Cambridge Jacket ;) ), and this is what he came up with:

Knitting content is in the upper right hand corner - the Rowan Linden sweater is blocking!

He made peanut butter noodles as a first course - yum! And because we were impatient and devoured the next course, I forgot to take a picture of it, but it was peppercorn and lime encrusted tuna seared to perfection on a bed of romaine lettuce seasoned with a rice wine vinagrette.

Speaking of the Linden sweater, I did sew it up last night even though it was still slightly damp from the wet block I gave it. I am very impatient with blocking, it's one of my least favorite parts of knitting. Now, all that's left to do is to weave in the ends, pick up stitches and knit the crew collar, and it's off to the yarn shop!


I tried it on briefly (I'll spare you the picture for now) and it was big on me, but the yarn is very comfortable against the skin and the pattern is very pretty. My husband was surprised at how "professional" it looked. I'm not sure if I should be flattered or insulted by that!

1 Comments:

Blogger stephanie said...

Impressive! (I'm referring to both the sweater and the spouse!) Congrats on finishing yet another Hickory project, and on the latest monthiversary. You forgot to mention what you had for dessert...

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home