Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I have projects coming out of my ears! First, there's the sample I'm working on for the store - the cable and lace sweater from the new Rowan Classic Alpaca book. Then, I've taken on yet another sample for the store - the Shetland Triangle using a lovely teal, blue, and green colorway of Schaefer Anne. Pictures of that project will come when I'm finished with the Rowan sweater.

While I was at the store, I picked up a few balls of Plymouth Dreambaby DK to make a hat and booties for my friend's upcoming bundle of joy. The snob in me itched to get the Rowan Cashsoft DK, but the more practical side won out. Given how much baby items need to be washed and dried and given how harried new mothers are, I'm guessing gently handwashing baby clothes and laying them out to dry probably isn't the most reasonable expectation.

In addition, a little deeper dig into my stash box has unearthed a few UFO ghosts. There's the K1C2 Richesse et Soie scarf that I started 2 years ago as a replacement for the first gift I knitted my husband when we were still dating. He accidentally felted it in the wash one day and I promised to make him another.

There's the River Stole from Rowan 37 (?) made out of kidsilk haze. I have one in Pearl already and liked it so much that I immediately went out and bought 4 more skeins of kidsilk in a muted grey to make a longer, wider version.

And finally, there's Handmaiden seasilk in the berry colorway just waiting to be knit up into the woven stole from the Merino Morehouse book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home