Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The next sample I'm knitting for the store is this lovely cable and lace sweater from the new Rowan Classic Alpaca book; except I'll be knitting it in Plymouth's Super Taj Mahal - a merino/silk/cashmere blend. I'm relieved that it's not going to be in alpaca. I love alpaca, but after having knitted the last 2 out of 3 projects in some form of alpaca or another, I'm glad to be going back to a smooth fiber (that doesn't shed).



I'm also still knitting my husband's Cambridge Jacket from the summer Interweave, but progress has been glacial due to having to knit it on US 8 straights. It's very tiring on my hands since I have to knit it very tightly to make sure the gauge doesn't get too large. I tried switching to US 7's, but even loosely knit, the gauge turns out too tight. So, I'm in a Goldilocks situation here where nothing seems to be just right. I wish needle sizes had more gradations available. I'm thinking a 7.5 might be useful here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home