Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

More sample knitting... Well, I was hoping I could post a picture of my next sample knit for the store, but my laptop is on the fritz, so I'll just post a picture of the picture from the pattern book. It's the "Daisies" baby sweater from the new RYC Bambino made from Cashsoft DK. I got the yarn on Thursday and finished the sweater on Sunday. I already have in my hot little hands the next sample knit I'm making for the store.



Daisies was lovely to knit - a very simple stockinette pattern broken in a few choice places by seed (moss) stitch. The yarn is incredibly soft and I've heard that it holds up better than Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino. The most painful part of the sweater was the embroidered daisies. Having never embroidered before, it took me three hours to embroider four lousy daisies. But the finished effect is very cute. I'm ashamed to admit that I couldn't figure out the buillon stitch from the book so totally punted on that and asked for one of the other nice shop frequenters to help me out.

I was working on the sweater at my aunt's birthday party (Yes, I have a problem and I'm the first to admit it, I. can't. put. down. the. knitting!) and all of my aunt's friends were asking me if I was pregnant. It's funny, they're all very sensitive because their children are all around my age and starting to have children of their own.

I hope to have one progress pic and a finished pic of the baby sweater posted here soon. I'll also post details on my next sample sweater soon (it's from one of the new Classic Elite books).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home