Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Friday, April 17, 2009

New summer/spring design

Previews for the spring/summer 09 Knit.1 issue are out and my tie back top appears on the Knit.1 website:



The yarn is Zitron Samoa, a DK/light worsted mercerized cotton in a yummy tangerine shade (and new to me yarn). The top is a dolman-type, cap sleeve shell in spider stitch (a nice, but easy combination lace). The bottom is stockinette and is topped by a ribbed waist that extends to ties that can be secured at the back.

I know I still owe you guys a post on decreasing in cocoon stitch in my Silk Cocoon cardigan in the latest issue of Interweave. I've been away for a cousin's wedding in CA and haven't had time to knit up swatches and write a tutorial. Thanks for your patience!

There have been some lovely finished versions of the Silk Cocoon on Ravelry already. It's so much fun to see what other people do with my designs. Thanks to those of you who post pics and projects on Ravelry. Ravelry is such a community driven site. I confess I haven't done my part in that. I have so much stash yarn and projects to upload. I've managed to keep up my design portfolio, but I feel it's a civic responsibility to engage in the other parts of Ravelry as well - adding to the yarn pages, the project pages, and participating in forums. I can't count the number of times I've looked up a yarn on Ravelry to see how other people have used it to decide if a yarn is appropriate for certain garments. This is so helpful when I can't have the yarn physically in front of me.

12 Comments:

Blogger subliminalrabbit said...

absolutely gorgeous top!

10:48 AM  
Blogger mel said...

Yay!! Congratulations Connie - it's a great top - and I love the color, so happy and springy :)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

How cute Connie! Love it!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

the new design is SO pretty! Can't wait until it hits the newstands- I'll be getting a copy for sure!

-Julie

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Hickory said...

So pretty!

7:56 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

another beautiful design connie!

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Connie--I can't believe how busy you have been..Once again just beautiful! You have come a long way since I first met you...

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://knittingfromthehart.blogspot.com/

Hey Connie--Here is my new Blog Address!
Edna

1:16 PM  
Blogger madder said...

beautiful work!
i feel the same way about Ravelry. i'm so happy it exists and so far i've been a big slacker about getting more involved. it's on my to-do list, too.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Veronique said...

So pretty! And what a great idea to have ties on the back!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Congratulations Connie! Love that top!

10:13 AM  
Blogger kat coyle said...

It's so pretty and feminine!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home