Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rhinebeck

Yesterday, I dragged my ever patient husband to knitter's mecca - otherwise known as Rhinebeck. It was my first time going to Rhinebeck, or to any yarn festival for that matter, and I admit I was a little overwhelmed. We gave a ride to Julia and Sandra ; and once there, we met up with Stephanie, Yarnmonster Jess, FigandPlum Jess, Lisa, Virginia, Cathy, Katy, Carrie, and Nancy. Unfortunately, I'm suffering from some sort of food allergy that's made me break out in hives so I wasn't really up for touching yarn and fiber. Fortunately, that meant that I managed to leave Rhinebeck without a single purchase. I think if I had felt better, I could have done some damage because there was a lot of gorgeous fiber there - oh well, there's always next year, right? Many Ravelers have already put up their purchases on their Stash page today (you guys are so fast!); so at least I'm able to shop vicariously through them. Instead, my husband and I went to the animal tents and saw a 4 day old baby lamb:



and all types of alpacas including Be-Bop here:



It was also a lot of fun to play name the knit since many festival-goers broke out their best handknits for the chilly autumn weather. I saw a lot of Tangled Yokes (including Jess' and Lisa's gorgeous versions), Wisterias, Clapotis, Central Park Hoodies, etc, etc.

I also saw my first design in the wild - the Apres Surf Hoodie that Julia of Knitterly Things made. She told me that there was someone wearing the Riding to Avalon Hoodie, but I didn't see her :(.

We also stopped briefly at the Ravelry party which was packed with knitters and looked to be very lively. All in all a very overwhelming, but fun day!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kitten said...

It was crazy overwhelming to this first time Rhinebeck visitor as well! I think every other person had a Clapotis, and my friend and I even met Kate Gilbert.

For some reason, I subscribed to your blog's feed being unaware that you were the designer of the Apres Surf Hoodie (which is sitting in my queue).

8:41 PM  
Blogger jillian said...

Glad you got to go - sad you have hives resulting in anti-fiber status!! Eek!

That baby lamb is squeezable.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

how sad! first rhinebeck ever and you got hives (ask me how i know how much that sucks) :(

at least it was easy on the budget and you got to meet some cute fibery friends :)

5:52 PM  
Blogger knithound brooklyn said...

I saw a ton of Clapotis too! Every other person wearing one. Congratulations on spotting your own knit (which is a fabulous design!)

Hope you are feeling better now.

8:36 PM  
Blogger mary jane said...

That baby lamb is pink!

7:31 PM  
Blogger mel said...

Rhinebeck camaraderie sounds so great - I'm so glad you had a good time and hope the allergy is past!

And how cool to see your design in the wild on another knitter! I think I would pass out!! ;)

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home