Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

What to do when you're stuck...

...on working out a design?

Take a break with some pleasure knitting!



In my case, it's Melissa Wehrle's classic modern knit, the Urban Wrap (with a great kit available here). Although I do love the Lanas Puras Worsted (I used it for my Hexagon Bag pattern), I decided that I wanted to try a yarn I've been hearing a lot about, Dream in Color's Classy yarn. After seeing this beautiful Wisteria in the Black Parade colorway, I was struck with instant yarn lust. Luckily, the Spiders had given me a gift certificate to Knitty City for my birthday and they had tons of Classy in Black Parade in stock - enough skeins to let me choose the perfect ones with just the right amount of variation.

I've done two sleeves (one blocked) and the piece on the needles is the left front. I almost always do a swatch, but I find my tension often changes for a bigger fabric; so I usually block a sleeve or part of a front in order to recheck my gauge and make sure all is progressing as expected.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, I have such yarn lust for your Black Parade--it is so lovely!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the insight about blocking a part of the piece as you knit it to check gauge. I have the same problem that my swatch gauge isn't always the same as the larger piece.

6:46 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

oooh, that's going to be nice! i love DIC classy so far too. i'm using it on a cowl. i'm sure it'll be delicious in a sweater

2:03 PM  
Blogger badmomgoodmom said...

What a lovely, relaxing project for when you don't want to think that hard.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dream in color is one fine yarn. I love all the FLSs I'm seeing with it.

That wrap sweater seems like just your kind of design. Can't wait to see it on you.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Elinor said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see the FO. I've been thinking about trying some DIC too. A good break from design work, I'm sure!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home