Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dragon Skin wrap for a wee one

I was in NYC the other day and happened to be near The Point. And look who decided to come home with me:



It's several skeins of Filatura di Crosa Zara (a DK superwash merino) in a powder pink color, destined to become the Dragon Skin Wrap from the Holiday Interweave Knits. There are so many great knits in this issue - most requiring just a minimum amount of yarn and time commitment with very darling results. But the dragon skin wrap caught my eye because a friend from college just had a baby girl 2 months ago and I've been meaning to knit up something sweet for her.

I'm already almost done with one front.



It took a little while to get used to. I think I reknit the first 2 rows 3 times before getting everything right. But once you set up the pattern, it's very easy to tell where you are and it goes by very quickly - particularly since the dragon scale pattern is fascinating to watch develop. I find myself just wanting to knit one more row!

Angela is busily calculating for an adult sized wrap as we speak too, so those of us who want to wrap ourselves in scaly goodness will be able to as well!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's so much fun to see it progress on someone else's needles (and you're doing a beautiful job!).

10:28 PM  
Blogger Hickory said...

I've been swatching two different yarns for that same little darling sweater! It's one of my favorites. Yours looks very nice.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Ooh, I love Zara! And that color is perfect for a little girl :)

8:05 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

I looks great, and zara is a lovely yarn to knit with.

5:15 AM  
Blogger mel said...

I admire her a lot as a designer, and this wrap is so sweet, it will be perfect :)

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home