Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Friday, September 21, 2007

A knit for me

I'm a little bit tired after my 2 month marathon knitting/designing/pattern writing session. So the other day, I settled down to cast on for my first garment that I didn't design in close to a year. It's the Sunshine Tank by Neoknits, a great feminine camisole made out of Yarn Botanika's Radiance yarn. Although I'm not usually a pink or purple person, I really like the Bloom colorway I'm using which is both pink and purple. My friend Hickory would be so proud of me. :) Here's a rather boring progress shot:



I've actually gotten much further since I took this picture. I'm done with the back and have started the front.

Radiance is a tencel/merino blend and it has a subtle sheen reminiscent of silk and is incredibly soft and drapey once washed. I think this camisole will be very comfortable. And it's has just the right mixture of plain, meditative knitting (in the body) and something a little different and interesting (in the lace bodice). The lace itself is an easily memorized pattern and has flattering vertical lines as well as a zig zag wave that radiates playfully across the bustline. I can't wait to be finished with this and wear it!

5 Comments:

Blogger kat coyle said...

I hope you enjoy your relaxation knitting!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

that is very pretty yarn!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

But-- it suddenly got cold here! It can't be any better in NJ! Knit QUICKLY! Wear it before the frost!!!

Pardon the hyperbole. ^__^ The change of the seasons feels great, but scheduling knitting around it is a pain.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure had a lot on your plate! I'm almost done with my deadline knitting and I'm dying to just knit some of things I want to!
Your tank is such gorgeous colors, enjoy it!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

hooray for "me" knitting! I just started my Teva Durham Jacket and it feels good! And if you knit fast enough, you just might get to wear it considering the warm spell!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home