Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My Hexagon Bag now available at One Planet Yarn and Fiber

My Hexagon Bag is now available at One Planet Yarn and Fiber. This is the first pattern I've done for them and everyone there is so nice to work with! I have another pattern in development with them and I can't wait to get started on it.

This was my first felted project and I was so entranced by the experience that I immediately casted on and finished another felted project (the Lucy Bag) within hours of finishing the One Planet project. It was a bit scary to put the bag into the washing machine. Fortunately, my cousin is a felting extraordinaire and she kindly lent me both her washing machine and her expertise. Here's an action shot of her helping me stuff the hexagon bag fresh out of the washing machine:


The bag's main two panels are done in fair isle to give it a bit more structure. It was fun to not worry too much about tension in my fair-isling since I knew the felting process would erase all (almost) sins. Here's a picture of it wrong side out:


And a side view of the bag to show off the slightly tapered side panels:


The yarn (Lanas Puras) is incredibly soft and nice to work with. I was initially worried about felting such a beautiful, handpainted yarn - that its beauty would be wasted, but the felted fabric still retained the handpainted striations. The felting softened the effect a bit, but that was gorgeous in its own way.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WLCOME BACK! I love your bag Design, it is just the BEST. I have worked with the Euroflax linen and just love it, so I hope you have a similar experience with you new yarn.
You vacation photos are so beautiful, I feel like I was there with you...

10:08 PM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Oh, that looks so beautiful! I can't believe you "caught" every single floating strand!! That's a lot of work you put in a small bag :)

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking bag! Congrats on another lovely design. Loved your shots of Italy too!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love the bag -- very stylish!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Connie--I put you on blogs I read-I hope that is O.K. with you. edna

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on another published design! You're so talented!w

4:23 PM  
Blogger Iris G said...

Your design is so chic! I love the colors and the textures look great ;-).

9:56 AM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Hi Connie,
I just came across your blog by way of 'thesanguinegryphon'. I really like your designs and enjoy the felted bag thing myself! I primarily use Jamieson's for these (the chunky) and use one as my purse right now in some of the colors you displayed on your blog!
I'll be back to visit.
Gudrun
(also Edna and I blog to each other too)!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home