Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

One Weird Thing About Me

There's this meme going around - six weird things about me - where the subject reveals six weird things about him/her. Well, once I start, I might not be able to stop so I'll just confine myself to one, knitting-related weird thing about me.

I get stressed when yarn cakes start to look like this:

This is a cake of Lanas Puras Melosa - a handdyed, single ply, very soft yarn from South America. When I'm getting close to the end of a wound skein of yarn, I start to worry about the integrity of the skein dissolving and tangled ends. Of course I can't think of a time when this has actually happened (other than that one time a wound skein of Handmaiden's sea silk disintegrated into an unruly mess - that's slippery stuff). I think this discomfort is related to my similarly weird phobia of melting ice cream (okay, so that's two weird things!).

Speaking of ice cream, here's some recent stash acquisition:
It's kidsilk haze in a new shade - ice cream (doesn't that sound yummy?). It's a pale pink/peach/cream color that's very delicate. I think it's going to become that pullover I designed and just sent off.

In other news, the cover of the book I contributed a design to was just revealed. The cover jacket was designed and knit by Olga - go and congratulate her on a job well done! :)
I really like the photography (photography can really make or break a knitting book) and can't wait to see what the other designs are like.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Aw, the cover of the book didn't load up for me =( I bet you're a record fast ice cream eater! HeeHee.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Kid Mohair and this color is yummy. I designed a project for Create Along with the orhre color. (You may want to join) If you do want to submit to the Vogue Knitting magazines contact Tanis Gray and ask for the Inspiration Photographs. They get them together for each issue of the magazines and they also have an information sheet that kind-a gives you an idea of what they are looking for. Submit becaue you have nothing to lose and you never know....I was really lucky and got a design in both Knit Simple and Knitscent for Fall 2007on my first try. I was HAPPY.
Thank you for the well wished..let's stay in touch.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the collapsing center-pull ball too but I recently saw a clever trick for this. Around here anyways they put this plastic mesh over wine bottles and such at the store to protect them- they work great for slipping over the ball to hold its shape.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

how do you made KSH even better? Name a color ice cream! MMMMMMM!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Gryphon said...

Hey, why have not noticed before that you have a blog??? Could be my dial-up-induced reluctance to click on links. Anyway, so glad I found it now! The Sensual Knits book looks beautiful, just my cup of tea. Can't wait to see what you have in there. And I'm glad to hear you're submitting to IK. Did you get the Spring 08 theme list? If not, email me and I'll forward it (I had a little hotmail accident and lost a bunch of contact emails, including yours).

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home