Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Friday, July 21, 2006



I just received the yarn I intend to use for Melissa's (at neoknits.blogspot.com) Grannie Smith lace cardigan. The pattern is written for Kidsilk haze, but I'm not crazy about the idea of knitting a fuzzy, mohair lace cardigan. I have in mind something a little smoother, with drape.

The yarn I will attempt to use is Jaggerspun's laceweight Zephyr merino/silk blend. This is the first time I'm trying to knit a sweater with this yarn. Previously, I've knitted shawls and stoles with it. I'm excited to see how this'll turn out. The color is Suede - a soft, brown color.

I've already knitted a swatch with size 4 needles, but the gauge is a bit off. I think I'd like a tighter look, so I'm switching to size 3 needles. The little bunch of tangled thread next to the cone is the size 4 swatch remnant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home