Hi There! PhysicsKnits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.conniechangchinchio.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Friday, July 21, 2006




I'm just trying to see if I can start a blog. I'll begin with a picture of my two most recently finished sweaters.

The first is the green gable that seems to be sweeping the knitting world these days. I jumped on the bandwagon after seeing everyone's lovely renditions. The reality is a little less than I had hoped for - which isn't really the fault of the pattern, but maybe more of the choice of yarn. It's a bit heavier than I imagined and I suspect that most of that is due to the cotton content and the gauge. I guess I shouldn't try to knit with cotton at a heavier than fingering weight gauge.



The second object is a cabled tank from one of the old Rowan spring magazines. The original pattern skimmed the belly button - a bit too revealing for conservative me - and was strapless. I added I-cord straps and lengthened it a bit. This was knitted out of a cotton 4ply yarn - much nicer in terms of feel (weight-wise) than the worsted weight Cotton Fleece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home